Learn the safety and effectiveness of weight loss supplements and get in-detail facts about different diet pills.
Trying to lose weight with wrong diet pills and supplements may land you in the emergency room. Photo (Shutterstock)
What is a Diet Pill?
A diet pill (also known as a weight loss pill, an anti-obesity pill or a prescription weight loss pill) is usually a supplement that gets prescribed to people who have issues with weight loss and who will need some assistance to go with their diet and exercise regimen. The claims that are made by most of them is that they can help improve levels of weight loss, while also ensuring that the user is not let with any side effects that could hamper their health.
Diet pills work in different ways to help ensure that the weight of the user is kept in check. Some of their working mechanisms include:
- Working to suppress the appetite
- Helping to boost energy and metabolism levels
- Destroying fat cells and limiting lipogenesis
Our Recommended Weight Loss Product
PhenQ claims to be an all-around solution when it comes to losing weight and the right addition to your diet.
You can BUY it directly from the Official Website
Latest Diet Pills & Weight Loss Product Reviews
Common Ingredients in Weight Loss Dietary Supplements – Do They Work?
A lot of weight loss supplements stack various ingredients that help them to function, and the overall effectiveness of a diet pill will usually depend on the efficacy of the ingredient that is packed. However, one major factor that a lot of diet pill manufacturers try to ensure this that the composition of ingredients doesn’t cause any harm to the overall health and wellbeing off the user.
To wit, we take a look at some of the most common ingredients that can be found in weight loss pills.
- Caffeine: Before anything else, caffeine is a stimulant. This means that it works to help ensure that the rate at which fatty acids are metabolized is improved, while also ensuring that there is a decreased level of carbohydrate or glucose metabolism while the user engages in aerobic exercise regimens (source).
- Green Tea Extract: Green Tea Extract also taken on the role of a stimulant, and it is one of the few natural ingredients that have been known to bring increase to metabolism levels (especially when it is paired with a dose of Caffeine)
- Yohimbe: Basically, Yohimbe is added to a lot of diet pills as a source of Caffeine.
- Glucomannan: Glucomannan is another ingredient that can help produce an improvement in weight loss . It is a functional fiber, and its addition to diet pills is one factor that can constitute to their success.
Do Any Weight Loss Products Really Work?
Of course, they do. The market is also filled with a lot of diet pills that might not provide the kind of results that you are looking for, there are those that actually do work. Most of these highly functional diet pills are filled with natural ingredients. These ingredients (such as the ones stated above) have been tested for efficacy and effectiveness, and this means that they will be able to provide the desired benefits in a short amount of time as well.
Keep track on the weight to note down the outcomes. Image – Shutterstock
How Much Weight Can You Lose with Weight Loss Products?
Firstly, it is important to note that these prescription pills are in no way supposed to serve as alternatives to healthy diets and strict exercise regimens.
Evidence shows that people who lose weight gradually and steadily (about 1 to 2 pounds per week) are more successful at keeping weight off (source). However, if you are making use of a diet pill and you have not lost as much as 5% of your body weight after consistent use for a 3-month period, then it is highly unlikely that you will be able to get a significant and sustainable level of weight loss with it.
Do Your Research Before Buying Diet Pills
When you are looking to purchase a diet pill, it is necessary that you conduct proper and thorough research.
This is viable for two reasons:
- To know about its efficacy: To help with this, you can check customer ratings and online reviews.
- To know about its ingredients: You need to ensure that the ingredients that a diet pill packs are in no way going to cause harmful side effects or allergic reactions to you. To help with this information, you can also check the manufacturers website for information on the product’s ingredients and look through online reviews.
To sum it all up, diet pills are definitely a welcome addition, especially for people who might not be able to achieve much weight loss with the adoption of just a normal health diet and exercise regimen. However, inasmuch as a lot of them are effective, it is always recommended that you conduct your research to be sure of a product’s safety and efficacy.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart conditions we suggest consulting with a physician before using any supplement. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and should not be relied upon as a medical advice. Always consult your doctor before using any supplements.
Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are “associate sales links.” This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”