Drink cinnamon and honey tea help you achieve your weight loss goals  |  Photo Credit: Thinkstock
New Delhi: When it comes to achieving and maintaining a healthy weight, we all know that a healthy diet and exercise are our best bets. Fortunately, there are many potent home remedies that can help accelerate your fat loss from all over your body, including the belly, if used in a proper way and along with a balanced diet and regular exercise. And if you’re looking for an all-natural way to help you lose that stubborn belly fat, you would want to include cinnamon and honey tea in your daily diet. In fact, this natural health tonic can help you achieve your weight loss goals easily.
Excess belly fat is linked to various serious health problems, including heart disease, diabetes, and some cancers. Research suggests that cinnamon, known as Dalchini in Hindi, may help reduce visceral fat and support weight loss. One Japanese study published in the Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology in 2012 suggested that cinnamon reduces visceral fat in mice. Read – Vegetarian diet for weight loss in 7 days: 6 nutritious Indian foods that will burn your belly fat in 1 week
Like honey, cinnamon is linked to many medicinal properties. Studies show cinnamon contains antimicrobial and antiparasitic properties. It contains antioxidants, which help improve health in various forms. The spice also has the potential to lower blood pressure and cholesterol. It can help boost metabolism and improve insulin function, thereby aiding in weight loss. Surprisingly, cinnamon can help you get past food cravings by giving you a feeling of fullness and satiety. Most health benefits of cinnamon are believed to come from cinnamaldehyde, the active compound in the spice, which also gives it its flavour.
Packed with essential vitamins and minerals, honey can activate hormones that suppress the appetite, which is vital for losing weight. The antioxidants in honey promote health in various forms. It is also highly effective at treating burns and wound infections. Honey contains properties that help boost metabolism and enable the body to burn fat. Studies suggest that replacing sucrose with honey can help decrease the levels of triglycerides, cholesterol, and body weight. Read – Weight loss: 7 ingredients that are available in every Indian kitchen
- Boil a cup of water in a tea kettle.
- Add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder to the water and let it cool.
- Now, add a teaspoon of raw, organic honey to the cinnamon water and stir.
- Your honey and cinnamon health tonic for weight loss is now ready to be consumed.
It is said that 1 teaspoon of pure honey contains 21 calories. 1 teaspoon of cinnamon has 6 calories.
Read – Green tea with lemon for weight loss: Drink THIS detox tea twice daily to burn belly fat & 100 calories a day
You may want to take cinnamon and honey drink as directed below-
- Morning: To help improve your digestion and metabolism, drink this wonder health tonic first thing in the morning and half an hour before having your breakfast. It will also keep your energy levels intact through lunch.
- Between meals: Taking cinnamon and honey water or tea between meals can help you prevent snacking on unhealthy junk between meals by curbing your cravings.
- Before aerobics: Apart from doing some stretches, including cinnamon and honey water in your pre-workout snack can give you the energy required throughout your workout session.
- Before bed: Before retiring for the day, drink this magic mix to help prevent late night snacking and midnight trips to the refrigerator, which will only hamper your weight loss efforts. It will also work on your digestive system, thereby helping you get a good night’s sleep.
Note: The content, including the suggestions, is purely for educational purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any weight loss method.